Getting rid of acne will make you a happier and healthier person!
Our mission is to help you get the best information that you can in order to beat acne and understand the facts and myths surrounding this common skin problem. Many millions of people around the world suffer from acne and there's no reason that you should have too as well!
How to Get Rid of Acne: 10 Things in 24 hours
While it’s tempting to stay at home and shun the world, having acne is no reason to stop yourself from leaving the house and mingling with other people. Here are 10 small things you can do within 24 hours to learn how you get rid of acne.
- Don’t pop your zit unless you can see pus. If you can, sterilize a needle or a pin with ethyl alcohol to pop it. Squeeze the pus out with two cotton buds until blood comes out. Leave it to close again for a while. Never use your fingers, even after washing them.
- Apply benzyl peroxide and salicylic-based cream overnight. Don’t have it? Leaving white non-gel toothpaste on your zits for at least half an hour will have the same effect!
- Changing your pillow cases is an overlooked way on how to get rid of acne. They catch dirt and oil from your body (from beauty products residue to dirt and dust from outside the house), causing your pores to be clogged while you sleep. Remember to change your sheets at least once a week.
- Sleep well. Let your internal organs and skin cells recuperate for 6-8 hours.
In the morning:
- Do not use harsh soaps on your face. Look out for non-drying cleansers or products specific to reducing acne. Pat, not scrub, your skin dry with a fresh towel.
- Moisturize! Remember that washing your face strips it of its natural oils, making your face more prone to pollutants and other irritants. Pick a facial moisturizer appropriate to your skin type (e.g. dry, oily, or normal).
- Use concealers moderately. Don’t try to cover the entire area with acne – just enough to even out the tone of your face. Otherwise, powder or even no make-up at all will suffice.
During the day:
- Wash your hands frequently but avoid touching your face.
- A good amount of sunlight is good for drying out your acne, but don’t overdo it! This is especially helpful for your back and shoulders acne.
- Keep yourself hydrated! Drink plenty of water, and avoid sugary drinks, like soda, and diuretics, like coffee, or tea.
Follow the same steps at the end of the day, but remember to use a deep pore cleanser, such as cold creams, to remove make-up, dirt, and the other irritants clogging your pores.
While there are quick fixes on how to get rid of acne in 24 hours, nothing beats long-term care of your skin. Start making proper skin care and personal hygiene a priority. Pay attention to your hair as well: keep it clean and away from your face. If your acne worsens, visit a dermatologist for consultation and treatment. For women, you can visit an OB-GYNE as well, because severe acne can be a symptom, not the root cause. At the end of the day, however, don’t let acne trump your confidence or take over your life. Everybody has them at least one point in their lives, but your attitude in facing challenges, like acne, will make you stand out.